8.6.15

Festival season is on it's way - lets talk Glastonbury




Glastonbury is just around the corner and unfortunately this year my friends and I didn't manage to get tickets. It's safe to say I have the MAJOR Glasto blues and now the festival season looms closer, I have been reminiscing about all the fun I had last year. I decided to write this post so I could share my wonderful 2014 experience with you all. This was not only to encourage people to go (and hear other opinions on this fabulous event), but also for myself. After all, if I can't go this year, at least I can relive the memories of my times when I did!

After the long wait, the week finally came to squeeze my rucksack up with boho and hippy outfit choices, floral headbands, John Lennon sunglasses, sun cream, dry shampoo and hand sanitizer. So me and my two friends shoved everything on the coach from my home town and talked about our excitement for the biggest festival around on our six hour coach journey (yes SIX hours, that is dedication). 









Of course it rained all weekend and there were those unfortunate people who had a mud suit as an outfit from slipping and falling, but it was also suprisingly scorching, my friends even got sunburnt and I came back with a healthy glow, so the weather wasn't all that bad to us!









What makes Glastonbury so unique and enjoyable is the different events and gatherings going on all over the farm. It's primarily about the music, yes, but you can do some yoga, join a hippy group, get your palm read and meditate with people round a campfire. Its truly a magnificent place with a true sense of community.




The sun was blazing for timeless classic, Dolly Parton, at the pyramid stage. Everyone was singing, clapping and stomping hard to the legendary '9 To 5'.






Bondax followed by Gorgon City, what an afternoon this was, the sun was blazing and everyone was happily two stepping to the loud house vibes, I was obviously accompanied with my gin to enjoy this experience a little bit more!











My friends and I got our faces painted for a heavenly price of £2 next to the Pyramid stage.  Tip for all - take glitter, and lots of it!


Shangri la - what an amazing, but bizarre place. This place was honestly like being in a warped dream world laced with crazy characters and bars that didn't allow you entry without a tattoo!





So two of my friends joined me to see HAIM, whilst the other two gals trotted off to see Kodaline. But they came back with something we didn't, a selfie with Caroline Flack and a snapshot with Sam Smith!! To say I was jealous would be an understatement!



Despite missing out on meeting these fab celebs, I did see everyone's favourite blogger (The Londoner) prancing around in the heat. I also saw Nina Nesbitt working the scruffy festival sheek when tucking into some noodles!




What would a festival be without a bit of mud and grime? We got 'stuck in' to the festival vibes very quickly!







The food stalls here were phenomenal, I would go back just to eat! The cuisine was so varied and so delicious. Here's a snap of my pals tucking into some Vietnamese noodles (with a side of beer of course). 


The highlight of my weekend: Disclosure closing the Sunday night and bringing on Sam Smith for their finale jam, me and my friend Sophie were leaving to catch the last of Kasabian but as soon as Sam Smith stepped on the stage we couldn't pull our selves away (we missed his actual set because Sophie got stuck in the mud... a funny but distressing experience).








Glastonbury was actually my first festival and it was ace. Glasto set the bar pretty high, it certainly was a once in a life time experience. Another festival will be very hard to compete with this one!









Did any of you attend Glastonbury this year or do you have any festivals penciled in this summer? Let me know.

Katie x 



Post a Comment